In 2022, I explored the area for vegan friendly options and found a bunch! Fast forward to 2023...and, well, found far fewer options...
1. Vegan French food at latourvail? It is possible! In 2022, they served me a decadent truffle- roasted maitake w toasted farro, dates, winter squash, lemon, & balsamic. Plus a portobello Wellington for another day. Perfect after a day on the slopes! In 2023, there was only one vegan option on the menu but it was a great one - a Lion's Mane mushroom entree (feed your brain and get smarter while you enjoy delicious food!).
2. For casual and comforting food in 2022 AND 2023, there are still delicious plant based dishes at Annapurna Nepali & Indian Cuisine where all animal dairy can be replaced with tasty coconut milk!
3. The chef at Fall Line Kitchen & Cocktails offered to create a vegan entree off menu in 2022 and this still seems to be an option in 2023 but you do have to specifically ask for it and it won't be on the menu. I enjoyed a scrumptious saffron curry with rice and heirloom root veggies!
4. If you want to load up on vegan protein bars and cookies and other plant-based snacks for the slopes, Grappa Fine Wines & Spirits in Vail Village has more than just wine! They also offer vegan protein bars that are super tasty, and desserts.
5. Yeti's Grind, also in Vail Village, offers oat milk (vegan) lattes and vegan cookies for a happy snack and pick-me-up apres ski.
6. This is a new find for 2023 that was nice - vegan sushi! Joy Sushi, located at 2161 N Frontage Rd W, Vail, CO 81657, offers several excellent vegan options! Examples: Avocado, cucumber and asparagus roll, sweet potato roll, Buddha Roll, Green Run Roll, Black Diamond Roll, edamame, seaweed salad, veggie fried rice, miso soup, and there is also a vegetarian (not vegan) gyoza.
Obviously, you can do the usual and just order all the veggie, fruit and grain sides on the menu of wherever you're at and ask for no butter or eggs, however, it's always nicer to be in an environment that celebrates the deliciousness of fresh vegetables, fruits and grains, without obliterating them under layers of sauce, sugar, salt, oil, fat, and animal products.
One former yes that is now a no:
1. Craving a juicy burger? There was little better after a day of skiing than an #ImpossibleFoods burger at The Sebastian - Vail's Frost restaurant in 2022. Fast forward to 2023, Frost no longer offers Impossible burgers or any veggie burger options. Real bummer. I rented a place with a kitchen and we made spicy chipotle black bean burgers on vegan brioche buns with lettuce, tomato and avocado, washed down with some cold beers. Wonderful - but we had to make them ourselves.
For more plant based options: