You will need:
* 15 oz. black beans (rinsed and drained or, if you are starting with dry beans, prepare them per the instructions and then rinse and drain well)
* 2 chia "eggs" (mix 2 t chia seeds and 5 t water in a small cup or bowl and set aside 5 minutes to kind of "gel" together"
* 3 t melted oil (I use avocado oil but you can also use coconut or olive oil)
* 3/4 cup cacao powder (raw)
* 2 t baking soda
* 1/2 t fresh lemon juice
* 1/2 cup of sweetener - I use maple syrup or monk fruit, however, depending on your tastes, you can also use xylitol, date syrup, or black strap molasses
* 1 t vanilla POWDER
* 2 t vegan butter (you can also just use 2 more teaspoons of whatever oil, above, you used before)
* 1 t matcha or moringa powder (optional)
Combine everything in a blender or mix by hand and pour into a baking dish. Bake at 375 F for 30 minutes. Let cool 12 minutes before you dig in. If you want, after the cake cools, you can pour a swirl of molasses or maple or date syrup onto the top and sprinkle with a light dusting of matcha powder. If you want to be REALLY fancy, garnish it with mint leaves and raspberries.